Friday, August 13, 2010

The College Loan Bubble is the next one to pop!

If I had all the time and money in the world, I would spend it on documentaries that create world-shaking change that ultimately shift the ways things are done in culture, society, and the world. My favorite documentaries include The Cove, Food Inc, and The Corporation, and I’m really looking forward to Waiting for Superman, which comes out this fall. All of these documentaries shed an exposing light on things we often overlook – food, business, and education – revealing truths and problems that need to be collectively reformed in order to make the world a better place.

After watching The Lottery, which uncovers the failures of the traditional public school system, I started to think about the shortcomings of the current traditional education system. Since the pinnacle of education is getting into college, I believe higher education has shifted from learning to profit maximization as its core purpose. The pursuit of short-term profit and greed is a common theme in all of the documentaries I have listed, which is what ultimately led to the predicament we are in today.

If I had to produce a documentary, I would shed a light on the inevitable student loan crisis, and the collective action we can do to prevent it from happening. (more)

*Zero to $1.7 Million in
Roughly 1.9 Yrs... Interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment