Monday, April 20, 2015

5 Things I Learned on the Way to an 1,100% Return on Netflix Inc. Stock: NFLX

This week's surge pushed my Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX  ) stock investment over an awesome milestone: the return passed 1,100%.
Or, to put it in Foolish lingo, "After Thursday's spiffy-pop, Netflix is a 12-bagger for me."
Sure, it's only a paper gain since I haven't sold any shares. And it could drop right back down in a few trading days. Still, the jump got me thinking about what went into this super return. So here are five things I learned through investing in this stock.
1. Think really long termBy the IRS' definition, long-term investing requires holding a stock "more than a year before you dispose of it." In my case it has been nearly seven years (and counting) with Netflix, and no disposing whatsoever. (more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment