Saturday, March 1, 2014

Is Now The Time To Go Long Sugar?

Sticking with our commodities theme for 2014, I think Sugar is setting up in a really interesting way. Over the past few months I’ve been focused on the price action in Coffee, Corn, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Precious Metals and the overall equal-weight commodities index (feel free to click on those links to see what I was thinking at the time). But today I want to focus our attention on the price of Sugar, because the setup is right up my alley. Let me tell you why….
Here is a weekly chart of Sugar futures going back to the 2010 rally. We can see a nice falling wedge well-defined by these two converging downtrend lines:
2-25-14 sb
The next chart shows weekly bars briefly breaking down below the July lows followed by a quick reversal to the upside. Also notice prices breaking out above the 40-week moving average this week:  (more)
Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment