Thursday, December 19, 2013

Perfect storm sending the A$ below 85c

Australian dollar


Earlier this year I ate a $36 hamburger in Sydney.

And after the sticker shock wore off, I wrote about the Australian dollar’s massive, obvious overvaluation.

When the Aussie dollar passed A$1.04 per US dollar, I advised readers of my premium investment newsletter to protect the value of their portfolios with a trade that profits as the Australian dollar falls.

This call paid off for my readers; the Aussie dollar is now below $0.90. But I believe it has much further to fall.

For starters, Reserve Bank Governor Glenn Stevens (Australia’s equivalent of Ben Bernanke) said in a widely publicized interview last week that he wants the Australian dollar at 85c or below.  (more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment