Saturday, November 30, 2013

Porter Stansberry: The madness of the crowd cannot sustain this rally



 I see two critical phenomena taking place in the market right now... And I hope people will pay attention to them.
 
 No. 1, the retail investor has returned to the stock market in a huge way. If you look at mutual-fund inflows, they're very powerful. In October, U.S. equity funds had net inflows of $10.5 billion, the highest monthly inflow since January. These inflows are the biggest influx we've seen into stocks since 2007.
 
 Unfortunately, I believe the retail investor is late to the party. Too much money is going into stocks right now at too high of a price. This is not the time to be buying stocks. You want to be buying stocks when other people are selling them, not when everyone in the world is buying them.
 
I sincerely thought the market top was being made in early June and in May when the junk bonds peaked and yields fell to less than 5%. I've been early on that call. Nevertheless, I don't think it's going to end well for the retail investor.  (more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment