Thursday, August 1, 2013

Specific Stocks for a Frightening Market

It didn't take long for the questions to start after yesterday's column was published. Many people wanted to know if I am really that concerned about the market. Of course I am. If you are not, then you are not looking deeply enough. The market and the economy have some structural problems that could be disastrous. I hope that disaster never happens, but I intend to be prepared if the cracks expand.


The next question, of course, is exactly which stocks I was buying to get 35% invested in this market. I would be less than fair if I didn't answer that question, so I will highlight the stocks I would buy today with new money.

First, let's understand that this is a new-money portfolio. The fact that a stock I bought last year is not in it does not mean you should sell it. It just means it has moved up enough that I am not putting any new money in the stock. Feel free to email me with questions on any particular stocks I have suggested that are not listed here.  (more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment