Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Richard Russell – The Key To Stocks, Gold & Growing Old

kingworldnews.com / August 21, 2012

The Godfather of newsletter writers, Richard Russell, had a number of interesting thoughts regarding gold, stocks and growing old. Here is what Russell had to say: “A lot of my subscribers are over 60 years of age, and no doubt many of you are looking forward to your 80s. So I thought the following might be of interest.”

Richard Russell continues:

“I’m just getting used to being 88 years old. The first thing I notice is that I get tired easily, and I mean really tired. I talk to my sister, Kate, who lives in Greenwich, Connecticut. Kate is 84. Her favorite expression is, ‘Growing old is not for sissies.’

I ask Kate if she gets tired too. She says, yes, she does get very tired. One thing she’s learned is that she can only do one thing a day. In other words, if Kate goes to the market to shop for food supplies, that about does it. She comes home really tired, sits in her easy chair for the afternoon, and watches TV, usually the news.

I’ve discovered that Kate is right. I tell myself I can do two or three things in the morning, but if I do that, then I’m exhausted for the rest of the day. ‘One errand a day’ is my new motto. Also, one alcoholic beverage a day, and that’s it. Two and I’m out of commission.

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment