Saturday, October 4, 2014

Where is the Bottom for Soybeans, Corn and Wheat?

Where is the bottom? I truly wish I knew. For soybeans, the target that many analysts have is $8.00/bushel. At least for me, if I put out a target, there should be firm justification behind it. If I felt it was valid, I would beg, borrow and use all the money I have to sell it. How can anyone know where an exact bottom, or top might be?

What we do know, 2014 is going to be known as the year of the record breaking production in grains not only in the US, but around the world. If 2012 was known as the year of the drought, then 2014 is the year Mother Nature did all she could do to produce bountiful yields. With the yields that have so far have been harvested for both corn and soybeans, we know ending stocks in 2015 are going to be more than we can handle.

Transportation is going to be a major issue. Barge rates now are almost double what they were a year ago. Ocean going ships, especially the container ships are being bid up day after day. And then the problems with the rail system beginning in Canada late 2013, filtering down to the Dakotas this spring and summer will likely become a major problem in the US for the movement of grain.(more)
Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment