Saturday, May 24, 2014

Porter Stansberry: How I'm preparing for the next bear market in stocks

I’m afraid you’re not going to like today’s Friday Digest. It deals with the serious risks to equity prices in the U.S. and how you should handle your portfolio. I’d like to give you a simple barometer to watch – something that will serve as an “early warning” indicator for us. I’m nearly certain you’re not watching this indicator yet. You may have never even heard of it before. It’s something CNBC won’t tell you about. It’s something that will help us get out of stocks before the ongoing correction because of the bona fide bear market.

Here’s the ironic part… just telling you about this indicator is probably going to cost me a lot of money, perhaps even millions of dollars.

You see, we have a lot of subscribers that never want to read anything about risk or the likelihood that stocks will fall in price. And every time I write an essay like this… something that’s generally bearish… and perhaps a bit more sophisticated than what they’re used to seeing in a newspaper… they immediately cancel their subscriptions.
(more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment