Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Government-Gold Screw Job of 1933 By The Mogambo Guru

Art Arbutine of Belleaircoins.com has a nice pamphlet titled “Everything you wanted to know about buying and selling precious metals, and then some!!!!!”

I have to admit that I was certainly intrigued by the five exclamation points, with the result that my Super Mogambo Senses (SMS) switched to high-alert status, looking for signs of danger, at the sight of them.

And fortuitously so, as I soon found dangerous things! Firstly, he writes of Roosevelt in 1933 infamously ordering that everyone turn in their gold at the nearest bank and receive fiat currency in exchange.

Even then, it was a government Big Screw Job (BSJ) because “At the time,” he writes, “a $20 gold coin contained over $20.80 worth of gold, but the citizens got only a $20 bill.”

Re-read the previous paragraph, and see if you detect a Big Screw Job (BSJ) in getting a $20 bill in exchange for $20.80 in gold, too.

Being a paranoid, conspiracy-nut, lunatic whacko like I am, I contribute to the genre by declaring that Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a cripple who was confined to a wheelchair, and who was so angry about his infirmity that he said, “I may be crippled and in this wheelchair, but I can still give an instant 3.9% Big Screw Job (BSJ) to an entire country by forcing the citizens to accept a lousy $20 bill for $20.80 in gold! Up yours, Americans, walking around and laughing at cripples like me! Hahaha!” (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment