Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Warren Buffett in His Own Words: 23 Timeless Quotes on Investing

Warren Buffett is the most successful investor of our time, perhaps of any time. He is famous for his pithy and witty quotes, which often appear in his annual letter to shareholders.


When strung together, his quotes pretty well sum up his investment philosophy and approach.

Here are my picks for his best sound bites of all time on being a sensible investor. I would invite readers to use the comments feature to offer their favorite Buffett quotes.

  1. Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
  2. Investing is laying out money now to get more money back in the future.
  3. Never invest in a business you cannot understand.
  4. I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
  5. I put heavy weight on certainty. It's not risky to buy securities at a fraction of what they're worth. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment