Friday, October 18, 2013

Oi SA (NYSE: OIBR): This Little Stock Could Easily Double in the Next Three Months


I love finding little stocks that have a strong possibility of doubling or even tripling in a short period of time.

I uncover them by running technical screens on stocks trading under $10. My screens search for companies that have been knocked off their highs, have built technical support and have bounced back above their 50-day simple moving averages.

Once the screen has located suitable candidates, I drill down into fundamentals, economic conditions and potential catalysts that could power the little stock higher. Many beaten-down stocks do what is called a "dead cat bounce," that is they bounce from their lows only to drop back down to those lows or even further. My fundamental, economic and catalyst screen, which I call "Price Drivers," adds support to the technical picture.

I firmly believe that technical analysis plays a powerful role in stock analysis, but it cannot stand on its own as a decision-making tool. Traders need to understand what's behind the price moves to make profitable decisions. Price alone isn't adequate for the vast majority of situations.(more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment