Saturday, October 18, 2014

Is Delayed Harvest Pushing Up Prices?

Over the past week, from a few articles I have read and from farmers that have contacted me, there is a belief that grains may have put in a bottom. May have? Farmers are certainly hoping and reporters have something to use to fill reports. Since I don't carry the same school of thought, I have to wonder what they see that I don't. Other than the last WASDE report claiming more feed usage I find it hard to understand why it is so difficult to see that big speculative money has used a time around a report to become very active.

The increase in the daily volume over the past week often has been twice, if not more than the volume traded day after day throughout the entire summer and first few weeks of fall. When the Commitment of Traders report is released for this week, I doubt we will see that commercial buyers have been the main buyers. (more)

Please share this article

No comments:

Post a Comment