Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Four Fascinating Facts on Gold


The recent rally in the U.S. dollar has sent gold lower, dimming the hopes of gold bulls and putting fire in the bellies of those who say the yellow metal is just a “barbarous relic.” Maybe so. But I think the rally in the dollar is overstated, and gold is just taking a breather on a journey much higher.

To be sure, I have a bullish bias on gold … only because I see the mountainous long-term problems for the U.S. dollar getting bigger. As the dollar goes down, gold, which is priced in dollars, should go up. And the point is, what I’m really biased toward is making money. If I thought gold’s bull run was over, I’d go make money somewhere else.

Here are four facts on my radar … facts you might want to consider in your own judgment on gold … (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment