Saturday, November 17, 2012

Don Coxe – Nassim Taleb, Black Swans & Financial Collapse

kingworldnews.com / November 16, 2012
Today 40-year veteran Don Coxe told King World News, “Historians 1,000 years from now will write about this time period.”  Coxe, who is Global Strategy Advisor to BMO ($538 billion in assets), spoke with King World News about a fascinating encounter with Nassim Taleb, and the incredible danger investors face today.

Here is what Coxe had to say:  “I’d like to tell you a story about the summer of 2007.  I was speaking at a conference for the BMO Financial Group out in California, and the other speaker was Nassim Taleb.  His book had only come out a few months before (titled), ‘The Black Swan,’ which of course I read.”
Don Coxe continues:

“But by the time he was at the conference he was a big name indeed.  We had a good turnout and I spoke first.  I spoke on the theme of the commodity boom.  Then he spoke.  But in between we had about a 20 minute break, and he was talking with me quite excitedly about the situation of derivatives in the banking system.”

He said, ‘The whole system will crash within a year.’….
READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment