Thursday, August 30, 2012

Will Expert David Morgan Call the Bottom on the Metals Market Again?

theaureport.com / By Chris Marchese / August 29, 2012

David Morgan, editor of The Morgan Report, expects gold to top $1,800/oz and silver to top $40/oz by the end of the year and both to take off from there. In this exclusive interview with The Gold Report, Morgan shares the logic behind his predictions and identifies several companies set to benefit from the end of the precious metal doldrums.

he Gold Report: What’s your current outlook on metals, the economy and the general market indexes?

David Morgan: My outlook is bullish on the metals both short and long term. I think that the bottom is in for the mining equities as well as for the metals themselves. More and more people will realize that there’s really no way out of this debt-based monetary system, whether it is about the U.S. reserve currency, the Eurozone or anywhere else on the planet that uses a fiat currency. There’s a problem here and it can’t be resolved. We’re going to see more pressures to the commodity sector in general, particularly the precious metals.

TGR: In mid-May you called the bottom in the mining shares and the bullion. What leads you to make such bold calls and maintain a high degree of accuracy?

DM: I use my own indicators that come from a lot of experience. A couple of other things also keyed me. One was that the sentiment was so bad that it was screaming we are “at the bottom.” Another was that there were a few days where the volume was very, very high and there was no real buying pressure. It was short covering. Short covering at a bottom is a good indicator that the smart money or the professional money is moving out of the market. In other words, they shorted for a very long time. They made their money, they’re getting out and are covering their positions.

All these factors led me to decide to stick my neck out, which is part of the job I do, and say that this looked like a bottom to me. My experience of over 30 years in this business tells me that it usually takes about three months to confirm a bottom. I’m pretty convinced that I did get the bottom; now it’s just wait and see another month or so if I’m correct on the metals themselves.

TGR: What prices are you predicting for silver and gold?

DM: I’m looking for silver to be above $35/oz and perhaps as high as $40/oz by the end of the year. I think we could see gold at about $1,800/oz by the end of the year. We still have four months ahead of us this year and with the fix that the global economy is in, a lot of people are going to come back into what they call the fear trade, and that will lift the metals. Once gold reaches a couple of upward resistance lines, you’ll see a lot of momentum players come to the market as well for a quick trade.

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment