Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Break-Out Stock You Can't Afford to Ignore

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the store. There were literally dozens of smartly-dressed women excitedly seeking out their sizes in a variety of clothing items. The shoppers were completely undeterred by the relatively high prices but rather focused on just how good their purchases would make them look at the gym, yoga class or just as casual wear.


I quickly remembered Fidelity Investments' Peter Lynch and his investing rule, "buy what you know," as my wife came out of the dressing room modeling her latest tennis/workout skirt for my approval. Not only did the outfit look great, but the craftsmanship and unique fabric sealed the deal -- despite the very high price point.

If you haven't guessed it, then the store we were in was lululemon athletica (Nasdaq: LULU). Riding on the resurgence of the fitness/yoga craze that started in the 1970s, lululemon has built a powerhouse fashion empire on women's desire for quality, looks, comfort and functionality. It's also been one of the hottest stocks on Wall Street in recent memory..(more)

No comments:

Post a Comment