Saturday, January 22, 2011

5 Stocks Leveraging Facebook: CMG, DECK, NFLX, UA, LULU

Social media has taken the internet by storm over the past several years. While companies were a bit slow on the uptake, some have more than made up for lost time.

At first Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites were viewed as the enemy, sucking productivity from employees. But, as users grew by the millions, no hundreds of millions, some companies made the wise choice to jump on board.

What Does Facebook Actually Do?

As a relatively late comer myself, I never really saw the point of Facebook. While it may be oddly addicting, do I really need to know that some girl from high school is going to Mexico next month? Or about that friend of a friend who can't wait to go see some band I have never heard of?

But that isn't the point. The information flow is. I know more about my "friends" than I would have if it weren't for Facebook. And I know even more about those people that are my actual friends and family. And companies can use that information flow for their benefit. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment