Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two Utilities for a Short-term Holiday Profit

We have one more week to go in 2010. It has been a great year. The S&P 500 is up nearly 13% and my systems are telling me that 2011 could be much better. A lot depends on the economy, of course. The financial issues in Europe are significant and could become a global contagion. Too much, I am afraid, is dependent upon what the Federal Reserve does with regard to QE2 and beyond (I have much more to say about this in my Mastering the Markets letter this week).

There is a bit of a Santa Claus rally going on at the moment, and if you are not one of the unlucky unemployed, it is likely you are feeling pretty good about the economy and your lot in life.

I have a couple of picks for the upcoming week that have a strong market forecast to support the trades. Let me show you what I mean...

Below is my MarketProphet chart of the Utility Index: (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment