Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Commodity Prices Are Causing Inflation

The interesting part of growing older, that my wife and I have noticed, is the appearance that time speeds up. As each month that passes turns into years, as a 60+-year-old I'm feeling the passage of time quite differently than a child would; a year to me feels more like a month, whereas a month in a child's life feels like a lifetime. Needless to say, I'm still encouraged to continue my favorite pastime of tracking the fluctuations in the cost of living, and my fascination with prices and values has not waned one bit. Also, my wife's frugalness and aversion to throwing food away has made me very curious about commodity prices, so recently I did some research and discovered the facts weren't pretty. Below are some Commodity Price increases over the past year:

Yep, looking at key raw material prices compared to last year, the recession is over. These prices are getting loaded into the system now and will flow through to the consumer in higher prices to come at the supermarket and elsewhere. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment