Friday, September 24, 2010

Markets are at a major turning point – so what's coming next?

There is a chance we are at a turning point in the markets, right here and now. And quite a significant one at that.

We are in one of those periods where everything is rising together – gold, silver, stocks, commodities – as the dollar falls. But virtually every index that I look at is now sitting either at an important level of support (a point where it typically stops falling), or resistance (a point where it finds it difficult to rise further).

So in today's Money Morning I want to take a technical look at the markets and explain why I think we're at a major inflection point.

But I'll warn you in advance, I'm in two minds as to what's coming next...

Markets are at a key point for the inflation-deflation debate

Judging by how often it comes up and how heated people get over it, the great quarrel between the inflationists and deflationists is the most hotly debated subject in finance and economics today. That's no surprise, given how critical it is to your investment strategy.

And everyone involved seems to think that their view is right. And they all think they're being contrarians in holding that view. I was at an investment dinner the other day. The economist I was sitting next to was so rooted in the deflation camp, and became so infuriated at my suggestion that the inflation-deflation debate is hotly and widely contested, that he got up and left the table. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment