Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Potentially Cash in on Plummeting Oil Prices with this ETF

Oil looks to be on the way down and I have a way you can potentially take advantage of the opportunity with an inverse exchange-traded fund (ETF).

This also has an impact on our existing oil position in the open trades, which I will get to later.

First, I want you to take a look at the chart for the United States Oil Fund (NYSE: USO), below:

As you can see, the forecast trend is lower for the next several weeks. My other forecast charts show the entire U.S. market on a downward trend (more of this in my Mastering the Markets premium letter).

With my data showing a possible decline in the price of oil, I have selected an inverse ETF for this week's recommended trade. The fund is the UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil ProShares (NYSE: SCO) ETF. This fund is designed to generate approximately twice the inverse daily performance of the Dow Jones AIG Crude Oil Sub-Index. Owning shares of this ETF, in theory, means that as the price of oil goes lower, the price of shares of this fund should move higher. (more)

Secrets of Successful Traders: Turn $1000 Into $1.9 Million In 1.7 yrs Trading Stocks. Extra $200 Cash Back Guarantee. Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment