Friday, September 18, 2009

Want to Own Silver? Forget About SLV

As a writer, it's always a disappointment when something which you see as being among the best or most important examples of your work receives less attention than other pieces. Sometimes this can be due to nothing more than a poorly-worded title, however, what it usually

means is that a writer did not do a good enough job of explaining or highlighting the material which is of greatest significance.

It is with this in mind that I have decided to repeat a discussion which I had focused on in a previous commentary. In that commentary, I discovered what I believed (and still believe) to be the most important piece of data I have unearthed since I started writing about this sector.

It came from one, simple graph – on global silver inventories, over roughly a 50-year time horizon. The chart was compiled by the CPM Group, a private consultancy that is one of two quasi-official sources for supply and demand data in the precious metals sector, which we all must rely upon. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment