Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yes, Virginia, There Are No Reserve Requirements

Since the 1990s, the FED has change accounting rules so even the loose ~10% fractional reserve requirement could be thwarted. We live in an era of paper tickets.

In Part 1, Fractional Reserve Banking in Pictures, we saw how the banking system creates fraudulent money by creating new money on top of old. The reserve requirement limit used in the example, 10%, is the figure usually given, which means that from a $10 deposit the banking system could generate $90 of new money. Also, the FED uses Open Market Operations to create new money by writing a check upon itself.

This article will demonstrate that reserve requirements are effectively not in existence and easily avoided by accounting tricks in the U.S. banking system. In my view, the evidence is unrefutable as the sources are from the FED and documentation from Citigroup. Although I have tried my best to keep the following simple and source my data, please feel free to comment or question and I will do my best to reply. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment